"The future of solar aerospace is within our reach"
Solar Jet: sustainable high-speed flight
The Energy Technology group is challenging its students and staff by developing an electrically charged hydrogen powered model aircraft, that will participate in contests in the high-speed class with a student team.
- Short term goal: Develop and realize solar charged hydrogen powered model aircraft participate in contests in the high-speed class with a student team.
- Mid-term goal: Beat the Guinness World speed-record of high speed model aircrafts: 709km/hr (Germany 2013).
- Long-term goal: Contribute to the development of electrically charged high-speed passenger aircrafts.
- Energy storage & conversion: electro jet, hydrogen afterburner, batteries & hydrogen tanks
- Aerodynamics: high speed delta wing
- Stability & control: flaps, rudder & engine control