"The future of sustainable aviation is within our reach"
The Energy Technology group is challenging its students and staff by developing an electrically charged hydrogen powered model aircraft, that will participate in contests in the high-speed class with a student team.
- Short term goal: Develop and realize a powerful innovative model aircraft.
- Mid-term goal: Beat the Guinness World speed-record of high speed model aircrafts: 749km/hr (Germany 2017).
- Long-term goal: Contribute to the development of electrically charged high-speed passenger aircrafts.
- Energy storage & conversion: electro jet, hydrogen afterburner, batteries & hydrogen tanks
- Aerodynamics: high speed delta wing
- Stability & control: flaps, rudder & engine control