4M150 - Minorproject MM
From a digital geometry a reconfigurable die is automatically configured. The surface of the die can be used to form metal and plastic parts. This technique provides an adequate solution for manufacturing small series and custom made parts.
Relevant capabilities during this course are: creative/constructive skills, knowledge of materials forming processes, capability to perform mechanical/static analyses, sense for practical feasibility, able to work in a team.
- Transforming an idea into a real product
- Project management for a long term project
- Conducting a literature review and report
- To motivate design choices
- Get familiar with patents
- To reflect on the final product