- Best MSc Thesis: Robbert Willems (MSc Thesis, Picture)
- 1st Price Poster Award: Denis Efimov (Poster, Picture)
- 2nd Price Poster Award: Robbert Dreezen en Jelle Vervaet (Poster, Picture)
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd poster prize at COMBURA '14. The COMBURA symposium is the major annual event in the Netherlands for exchange of information on combustion research and its practical applications. In the poster session “Work in Progress” new research results are presented. The best three posters are rewarded with the Combustion Institute Poster Prize.
1. Casper meijer
2. Ebrahim Abtahizadeh
3. Matthijs Reintjes
- prof. Philip de Goey. Leading Scientist in China's 111 program, appointed by the Beijing Institute of Technology, China.
- Andrea Donini MSc. Derde posterprijs Combustion Institute Poster Prize 2013. Maastricht.
- Nico Speelman, MSc. Tweede posterprijs Combustion Institute Poster Prize 2013. Maastricht.
- Mara Wustmans. NVV Combustion award with her Master thesis: Thermophosphors as a probe for surface temperature measurements.
- Mara Wustmans. KIVI afstudeerprijs with her Master thesis: Thermophosphors as a probe for surface temperature measurements.
- Mara Wustmans. Nominee for the TUE final project award.
- dr. ir. Cemil Bekdemir. Cum Laude promotion. Eindhoven.
- prof. Philip de Goey. Best Innovator Group (BIG) Award
- Luc Peerlings. 1st Poster Prize COMBURA'2012. Maastricht.
- Chetan Suvvi. Dutch Gas Industry Prize 2012.
- 2nd position Shell BaMa prize for Ruud Eichhorn's masters thesis on the WEDACS.
- KIVI/Niria prize of 1500 € for best master thesis 2009/2010 goes to Erik Rijk.
- Michael Boot wins second round of TU/e BIG award for department of mechanical engineering.
- Maarten Meijer wins 1st posterprize (300 Euro) at Combura 2010
- Ebrahim Abtahizadeh wins 2nd posterprize (200 Euro) at Combura 2010
- Jarno Strik wins 3rd posterprize (100 Euro) at Combura 2010
- Evie Kerkhof wins the second Gas prize (4.000 €) for her thesis "Application of jatropha oil and biogas in a dual fuel engine for rural electrification".
- Ron Heynens wins the third Gas prize (2.000 €) for his thesis "Simulation of the combustion process in the MTT turbine. The rotational effects on laminar combustion".
- Jos Reijnders wins the TU/e perpective prize 2010 (5.000 €) for his innovative porous Diesel injection nozzle design.
- Combustion group becomes one of the five final nominees for the Academic Year Prize 2010 for team "brandschone verbranding" (clean combustion).
- Philip de Goey is awarded with "Simon Stevin Meester" 2010 (€ 500.000). This is the highest Dutch award for technical-scientific research.
- 2nd position Shell BaMa prize for Jos Reijnders' masters thesis on the porous nozzle for Diesel injection
- STW valorisation grant of 25 kEuro for market research of CyclOx, by Boukje Huijben, apprentice of Radboud University Nijmegen in TU/e combustion group
- Winner New Venture Business Plan Competition Idea Round 2009, idea description of the new CyclOx fuel developed by Michael Boot, Ph.D. student, by Boukje Huijben, apprentice of Radboud University Nijmegen in TU/e combustion group
- Dutch Science Foundation VIDI grant for Jeroen van Oijen, assistant professor
- Sugden Prize for the most significant contribution to British combustion research in 2008: Prof. Gautam Kalghatgi
- NPS9 Nominee Lecture Award: Liselotte Verhoeven, Ph.D. student
- NVV Combustion Award 2009: Jos Reijnders, master student
- Combustion group spin-off Progression Industry B.V. is one of the 30 winners of the international NoAE (Network of Automotive Excellence) innovation competition with WEDACS (Waste Energy Driven Air-Conditioning System)
- Winner "TU/e Perspective Award 2009", Jasper Winkes, former master student, Fistuca BV
- With WEDACS, one of three nominees for "ATC Innovation Awards 2009", Michael Boot, Ph.D. student
- Mechanical Engineering Nominee for the "TU/e Final Master Project Award 2009", Cemil Bekdemir, Ph.D. student
- New Venture winner round 1, Jos Reijnders, master student and Michael Boot, Ph.D. student, Progression-Industry
- Combura Poster Prize 3rd: Cemil Bekdemir, Ph.D. student
- Master's thesis prize Dutch Gasindustry, (Koninklijke Hollandse Maatschappij van Wetenschappen): Alain Verhasselt, master student
- Shell BaMa prize for Bachelor projects 2008: Tim van Amstel, batchelor student
- Shell BaMa prize for Masters projects 2008 finale plaats: Ron Heynens, master student
- Best presentation award at the 6th International Seminar on Flame Structure, Brussels: Evgeniy Volkov, postdoc
- NVV Combustion Award 2008: Ron Heynens, master student
- Combura Poster Prize 2nd: Manohar, Ph.D. student
- Combura Poster Prize 1st: Joris van den Boom, Ph.D. student
- Innovact, last 30, Jasper Winkes, master student, Fistuca BV
- New Venture winner round 3, 2 and 1, Jasper Winkes, master student, Fistuca BV
- Herman Wijffels Innovation prize for entrepreneurs below 30 years old, Jasper Winkes, master student, Fistuca BV
- Shell BaMa prize for Batchelor projects 2007: Dominique van Mullem, batchelor student
- Combura Poster Prize 1st: Martin Remie, Ph.D. student
- (1st) International Gas Union Prize in the category Technology and Sustainability (Koninklijke Hollandse Maatschappij van Wetenschappen, Giel Ramaekers, master student, "The application of flamelet generated manifolds of turbulent partially premixed flames"
- Master's thesis prize Dutch Gasindustry, (Koninklijke Hollandse Maatschappij van Wetenschappen): Giel Ramaekers, master student
- Shell BaMa prize for Master projects 2006: Elke Rabé, master student, "Jatropha oil in compression ignition engines (effects on the engine, environment and Tanzania as supplying country)"
- Combura Poster Prize 1st: Rob Bastiaans, assistant professor
- Excellence award on the Fifth International Conference on Computational Science, Atlanta: Rob Bastiaans, assistant professor
- VENI Grant of € 200.000 for young researchers who are amongst the top in their research area: Jeroen van Oijen, assistant professor
- Eurotherm Young Scientist Award: Jeroen van Oijen, assistant professor
- ASML Dissertation prize: Jeroen van Oijen, Ph.D. student
- Eccomas/J.M. Burgerscentrum Best Ph.D. Award: Jeroen van Oijen, Ph.D. student
- Eurotherm Young Scientist Award: Carlo Luijten, Ph.D. student