Mendeley is a freely available reference manager and academic social network that provides support in:
- collecting, saving and managing references and publications
- creating citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice and LaTeX
- contacting colleagues to share articles, notes and remarks about references
Mendeley is a combined desktop database and website. 500MB free on-line storage space.
Building the database
- Import articles, web pages and other documents from search engines and academic databases using the web importer (a bookmarklet in your browser).
- Drag documents and (PDF) files directly into Mendeley from your desktop or folders
- annotate and highlight texts in files and documents
- manual import
International. Citation styles for over 1,000 journals or create new styles using the Citation Style Language.
Information per reference
Automatic representation of bibliographic data of (PDF) files or links to (PDF) files.
Available for Mac, Windows and Linux
Compatible with Windows Word (2003, 2007, 2010), Mac Word (2008, 2011), OpenOffice 3.2 and BibTeX
Mobile: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Getting started:
- Video tutorials:
- The Information Expertise Center (IEC) offers Mendeley training.
See intranet IEC > Library skills > Modules