Open access publishing in Sage journals
From 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2019, corresponding authors affiliated to TU/e and other Dutch universities can publish open access free of charge in 786 selected Sage journals. For publications in one of the 40 journals of learned societies partnered with the publisher, Sage will ask the society for permission to grant 100% discount on open access publishing costs.
Publication in Sage’s 92 full open access periodicals is not included in the agreement. Instead, a 20% reduction on open access publishing costs is offered.
How to publish your article in open access free of charge
To make their paper open access free of charge, no action is required from corresponding authors of Dutch academic institutions. If all criteria are met, they will automatically receive an offer from Sage. This is how it works:
- After acceptance of the paper the corresponding author first signs the standard non-OA contributor form.
- Sage will recognize the corresponding author as a researcher of a Dutch university, based on e-mail affiliation; authors should therefore use their institutional email address.
- The author will receive an e-mail with the offer to make the paper open access free of charge as part of the agreement between Dutch universities and Sage.
- To accept this offer the application form included in the email must be filled in and returned immediately. On the form you will be asked for a code, which you do not need to fill in.
How to publish your article in open access with a discount on the APC
Corresponding authors from Dutch Universities can contact their library to request an APC discount code. This discount code should be used in the payment process after acceptance; the discount cannot be given retroactively.
Dependent on the journal, the author should
- reply to the payment email with the code, citing the VSNU deal
- if the system allows, input the code in de payment sysem to automatically claim the discount.
If you have any further questions pPlease contact the IEC Open Access desk for more information.
Please contact the IEC Open Access desk for more information.