TU/e corresponding authors publish open access free of charge in selected titles

Corresponding authors from TU/e and other Dutch universities can publish primary research and review articles in open access free of charge in most of the 1300+ "traditional" Wiley subscription journals, known as the Wiley OnlineOpen program journals. This agreement applies for all articles accepted as from 4 March 2016.

The agreement does not include “full open access” journals from the Wiley Open Access program. If you publish your article in one of Wiley's "full open access" journals you will have to make your own arrangements for covering the publication costs.

How to publish your article in open access under this agreement?

To make use of the open access agreement please follow the steps below upon acceptance of your article:

  • Log-in to or register on Wiley’s “Author services” web page
  • Click “My publications” and, next to your article, click “Make my article OnlineOpen”
  • Fill out the OnlineOpen order form and select your institution under “Funder/Institution Payment” (see screenshot below)
  • Select your CC-BY license from three options: CC-BY (not available for all Wiley journals), CC-BY-NC and CC-BY-NC-ND. To find out more about the various license types see the Creative Commons website or contact the IEC open access desk.

If you don't order OnlineOpen initially, your article will be published under the traditional closed access model. You may order OnlineOpen retrospectively but once your paper is published online you are no longer eligible to publish OnlineOpen free of charge under the terms of the VSNU agreement. In that case the APC needs to be paid by your department or project.

Screenshot of the OnlineOpen Order form. The "article publication fee" is indicated. In the drop-down menu ("Funder/Institution payment") you can select TU/e as your affiliation and your article will be published open access with no costs to you.

If you have any further questions or encounter problems when completing the form, please contact the IEC Open Access desk.