Masters University Guide 2017: TU/e ranked second
In the annual ‘Keuzegids Masters’ (Guide to Choosing a Master’s Program) by the C.H.O.I. (Center for Higher Education Information), TU/e has been ranked second and so has recovered from its disappointing position in 2016. Four Eindhoven studies got a ‘top study’ rating from Keuzegids – twice as many as last year.
This year Eindhoven University of Technology scored a total of 63.5, lifting the university into second place in the list of full-time Master studies in the Netherlands, behind Wageningen University. That’s a significant improvement from the disappointing sixth position in 2016. Because Wageningen University is classed as a university of technology, TU/e also came second in this category.
Of the 22 TU/e Master studies assessed, four were given the Keuzegids’ predicate ‘top study’: Applied Physics (score 78), Chemical Engineering (76), Innovation Sciences (86) and Science and Technology of Nuclear Fusion (84). According to the Keuzegids, these studies are among the best in the Netherlands.
The Masters University Guide 2017 is compiled by an independent editorial committee of the Center for Higher Education in Leiden. The guide contains a systematic quality comparison of related studies in higher education. The figures for Master studies are based for 80 percent on the results of the National Student Surveys of 2014 to 2016, the national enquiry among higher education students. The remaining 20 percent of the figures is based on evaluations by the NVAO, the national approval body for higher education.