TU/e contributes to the progress of technical sciences and the development of technological innovations. Its research plays a significant role in the international scientific community.
The Eindhoven region is the perfect location for a top technology university being at the high-tech heart of the Netherlands and home to major corporate headquarters including Philips, ASML, NXP, DAF Trucks and DSM. It hosts leading Dutch R&D institutes and is the European region with the highest number of patents. Furthermore, the region is part of the Eindhoven-Leuven-Aachen international knowledge triangle.
Distinctive Research Areas
TU/e has thirteen distinctive research areas:
- Automotive Systems
- Building Physics
- Broadband Telecommunication Technologies
- Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS)
- Human Behavior and Intelligent Systems (ILI)
- Information and Communication Systems (EIRICT)
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Multiscale Mechanics (EMI)
- Nano-Engineering of Functional Materials and Devices
- Process Engineering and Control
- Tissue Engineering and Imaging
- ultramodern cleanroom (800m², class 100)
- technologically sophisticated laboratories
- state-of-the-art high-tech equipment (Cyclotron, MRI scanners, electron microscopes, etc.)
- very good computer facilities
- shared use of industrial Laboratories and use of national supercomputer facilities
TU/e is committed to ensuring that its research results are translated into successful innovations and new companies. TU/e encourages students and staff to be entrepreneurial.