Expat support

Welcome to TU/e, as a current or future international colleague. Here you can find important information and forms you’ll need for your immigration procedure, information about the Netherlands and about the Dutch. We promote and support a good work-life balance and have many facilities to help you and your family feel right at home.

Before arrival

The forms below need to be completed before your arrival. Please print, sign and send them back by e-mail to TU/e’s International HR Back Office. Only once these documents have been received are we able to commence the application procedure for your visa and residence permit.

Family friendly

Dual Career
Enabling a family member to come to the Netherlands
For any stay of over 90 days, family-members and relatives require a residence permit, unless they come from a country that belongs to the European Union or the European Economic Area or Switzerland.

‘Get in Touch’ program
A social introduction and support program for spouses , on a weekly basis, in which spouse meet other spouses in small groups , to discover ‘people & places in Eindhoven’and build their own personal network in their new residence.

International spouse program at TU/e sports center
The international spouse program offers a great change to get more involved in recreation during the day and connect with other (international) woman. 

International Women's Club Eindhoven
IWCE is a social club for international women living in the Eindhoven area. Through our daytime and evening activities IWCE promotes networking and friendship between English speaking women from many different countries.

International Peer Support Network Eindhoven (IPSN)
IPSN is building a community through personal experience, peer support, groups, mentoring, and guidance.

Expat Spouses Initiative
Expat Spouses Initiative helps the partners of expats to make better use of their qualifications and realize their potential as international professionals.

TU/e newsletter for accompanying spouse / partner
Did you (or will you) come to the Netherlands as the accompanying international spouse or partner of someone working at TU/e? The university offers you different support programs. And we regularly have relevant info to share with you.

For your kids

Family Reunion
The TU/e can apply for both you and your family for an MVV, in order to enable your family to travel together with you to the Netherlands.

International School
The International School Eindhoven serves the expatriate community and Dutch and non- Dutch families arriving or moving overseas.

Korein TU/e daycare
A Daycare for your children in Luna building at the TU/e Campus. 

Midwifery Practice Eindhoven
A midwife in the Netherlands plays a very important role in the medical care for pregnancy, delivery and postpartum care.

During your stay in Eindhoven and the Netherlands

IamExpat is an English-language online media platform providing up-to-date information, news, job listings, housing services and lifestyle tips for internationals in the Netherlands
Holland Expat Center
Holland Expat center South is ready to assist you with any questions you may have about settling into the south of the Netherlands
Exchanging a driver’s license International Healthcare Center Eindhoven SGE
Quite often people find the differences between receiving health care in the Netherlands and the care they have received in their home country overwhelming, Here at SGE International we hear your concerns and that is why we are taking the time for you.
Housing in Eindhoven
Eindhoven is a dynamic, young city with a large and growing population of students and expats. Over the last years many housing for expats has been realized in Eindhoven. Also housing for short stay expats. On this page we will inform you on how you can arrange your housing in Eindhoven.
The university cannot offer assistance with filling in tax forms or give advice on tax related matters.
Here you can find some links to websites with more information on taxes
Residence permit: extension/change of purpose
During your stay in the Netherlands it might be the case you need an extension of your residence permit or it might be necessary to change the purpose of your residence permit We distinguish the following purposes of a residence permit.
The end of your employment
When your employment ends you need to take care of certain things whether or not you leave the Netherlands.
Follow the links on this page to find out what to do in case you stay in the Netherlands or in case you leave the Netherlands.