prof.dr.ir. M.W.J. (Menno) Prins - Expertises
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Delen / Bookmark
- D14240 - Industriële productie, mechanische technologie, robotica
- D21200 - Biofysica, klinische fysica
- D12100 - Meten, ontwikkeling van wetenschappelijke apparatuur
- Magnetische deeltjes in geïntegreerde systemen
- Moleculaire en cellulaire biosensoren
- Biofysica voor in-vitro diagnostiek
Prof. Prins studied Applied Physics at Delft University of Technology (cum laude). He received a PhD from Radboud University Nijmegen in 1995. Thereafter he moved to Philips Research where he worked on microfluidics and point-of-care biosensing. Since 2005 he has also worked as parttime professor at Eindhoven University of Technology in the department of Applied Physics, where he has set up a group studying biophysical detection and manipulation techniques based on magnetic and plasmonic particles.
Since 1 August 2014 prof. Prins is fulltime professor in the departments of BioMedical Engineering and Applied Physics, in the field of Molecular Biosensing for Medical Diagnostics (MBx). The research focuses on novel detection principles and novel molecular systems for particle-based in-vitro and in-vivo biosensing, aiming at biomolecular detection in complex environments with high sensitivity, specificity and biocompatibility. The activities are part of the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS) and the Strategic Area Health (SA Health).