FAQs - Do you have any questions?
Our website provides you with a wide range of information regarding the practicalities of you travelling to the Netherlands to start your studies at TU/e. It is possible that, having read the information, you still have a question specific to your situation. Please check if the answer to your question is among the following before sending an email to our international office.
We have collected a number of questions that we have recently received from students. When you click on the question, a link will lead you to the webpage where you can find the answer to this question.
- Can I transfer the visa fee first and later the guarantee fee so you can already start the visa procedure?
- If I am unable to enroll at TU/e this August and have already transferred the guarantee fee. Will I get it back?
- I already have a Dutch residence permit (with another purpose than study). How much guarantee do I need to pay?
- I already have a Dutch residence permit with the purpose of study. How much guarantee fee do I need to transfer?
- How long does the visa and/or residence permit procedure take?
- How will I know if you have received my documents/payment/contract?
- Is the application of a loan sufficient for my proof of finances?
- Am I allowed to pay the guarantee fee and proof of financial funds for my visa application in one payment?
- How do I submit the visa application documents?
- Which documents do I need to send for the visa application?
- Is the guarantee fee for payment of the housing or other services?
- When do I need to start the Nuffic certificate procedure?
- I have questions about bringing the birth certificate.
- Can I also start the residence permit application after arrival?
- How much is the fee for the residence permit?