Proving to the IND that you have sufficient funds

There is one option to prove that you have sufficient funds:

Bank transfer

Transfer the total amount to the TU/e account. This amount will be fully repaid to you in your  new Dutch bank account so that you can use this money to cover your living costs. You are allowed to transfer the guarantee fee and the proof of finances in one payment.

Please remember to transfer a larger amount than 10,500 euros as banks usually deduct a transfer fee. The IND will need to see that you have transferred a minimum of 10,500 euros.

Here are the details you will need to fill in on the international bank transfer form at the bank in your home country:

  • Bank account number TU/e: 1148.70.438
  • Bank name: Rabobank
  • Beneficiary/remmittee: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
  • IBAN code: NL66 RABO 0114 8704 38
  • City: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
  • Address: Postbus 301 – 5600 AH Eindhoven The Netherlands
  • Mention your family name, initials, date of birth and ‘financial funds’.

!    Make sure that your bank understands that the full amount must reach the TU/e bank account, and that any fees or differences in exchange rate must be covered by you.

!   If someone else is transferring the funds for you, make sure that they include YOUR name, initials, date of birth in the transfer so that we can trace the payment to you.

!   Proof of a loan is not sufficient for your proof of finances. The proof of finances needs to be transferred to the TU/e account.

!   If you get a scholarship and your monthly allowance is at least € 870,46 per month, you do not need to transfer the Proof of finances. If it is less, you need to transfer the remaining amount of the Proof of finances.

Please be aware that:

  • A residence permit is valid for the nominal duration of your studies plus a period of 3 months.
  • The nominal duration of a TU/e Bachelor's program is 3 academic years and the nominal duration of a TU/e Master's program is 2 academic years.
  • You will have to prove that you have sufficient finances for the renewal of your residence permit in the second (and subsequent) years of residence.