Study progress check

Study progress requirements and residence permit

If you hold a residence permit for study, you are required under the conditions of that permit to pass at least 50% of the study credits (ects) each academic year.

A study progress check is carried out each year to see whether you have passed enough study credits (ects) to retain your residence permit for study in the Netherlands. If you fail to meet this requirement the Dutch immigration office (IND) will withdraw your residence permit and you will be unable to stay in the Netherlands to finish your studies at TU/e.

More information about the residence permit for study in general, can be found in the IND brochure: Coming to study in the Netherlands.