Scholarship from China Scholarship Council for Chinese PhD candidates
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) enables excellent Chinese students to obtain their PhD degrees at TU/e with a 4-year scholarship from the CSC. Students from all Chinese universities are eligible for this program.
The program aims to foster long-term research co-operation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Chinese universities. Students who receive a scholarship are provided with a living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government for the term of the scholarship, return airfare to the Netherlands by the most economical route, student visa fees and the cost of health insurance for international students.
Application requirements 2017 - 2018
All applicants must have a relevant Master's degree and be proficient in the English language. an IELTS score of preferably at least 6.5 overall or a TOEFL score of 90 (internet-based). TU/e accepts TOEFL and IELTS tests. (TOEFL: Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section; IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
Candidates must have the agreement of a TU/e professor on the content and planning of the PhD project. If the candidate has not yet agreed a PhD project, the International Office will help the candidate to contact TU/e professors in order to find a project.
Find a supervisor
Before you can send your application, you need to find a supervisor. You can find a supervisor by:
- Going to the jobs openings on the TU/e vacancy website;
- Contacting the graduate school program director or professor in the field that you are interested in;
- Attend the PhD workshop in Beijing . Please note that not all departments are represented. For more information, please contact mrs. M. van Heusden from the International Office.
Admission PhD program
Once you have found a supervisor, you are asked to send the following documents to the International Office, to the attention of Mrs. Marleen van Heusden by email:
- Application form;
- Letter of recommendation from supervisor at home university;
- Letter of approval from supervisor at Eindhoven University of Technology (if available);
- Curriculum Vitae of candidate;
- Certified copy of Master’s Degree (if available);
- Copy of passport (if available);
- Copy of English test.
- The application deadline is 6 March 2017.
- Your documents and application will be assessed by the graduate program director, together with the supervising professor you found. A (skype) interview can be part of the assessment.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an admission letter.
Application CSC scholarship
- You submit your scholarship application to CSC between March 20 and April 5, 2017.
- CSC will inform you and TU/e about the outcome of the scholarship selection.
Coming to TU/e
If you receive a CSC scholarship, the personnel officer of the department where you will conduct your PhD will contact you to arrange the necessary practical matters (e.g. housing, visa).
In case you do not receive a CSC scholarship, but are admitted you have two options to come to TU/e as PhD student:
- Either you come as a self-paying PhD student. Please contact the graduate program that you are interested in for more information;
- Or you apply to a vacancy for a PhD position.