Proof of Dutch proficiency

If you are applying for a TU/e program conducted in the Dutch language, and you were not previously educated with Dutch as the only language of instruction at a Dutch pre-university school (vwo) or hbo (University of Higher Professional Education also called University of Applied Sciences), you are required to submit the Dutch State Examination NT2-II as proof of language proficiency in Dutch:

  1. Apply for an NT2-II at a recognised language institute (e.g. James Boswell Instituut or the Language Centre at the University of Tilburg).
  2. Register for the Dutch State Examination NT2-II at the DUO, the Dutch student registration office
  3. If you have received a conditional admission from the TU/e, you may enroll on the Bachelor's program AFTER you have passed the NT2-II examination.