Prof.dr. K.A. (Kevin) Williams
Kevin Williams graduated in Electronic Engineering from the University of Sheffield and received his PhD from the School of Physics at the University of Bath in 1995. He subsequently moved to the University of Bristol where he was awarded a Royal Society university research fellowship to study high speed and high power semiconductor lasers. In 2001 he moved to the University of Cambridge where he was also appointed a Fellow and lecturer at Churchill College Cambridge. In 2006, Kevin moved to the Technical University Eindhoven to take up an EC Marie Curie Chair award. In 2011 he received a Vici award from the Dutch NWO to perform research into large-scale high-performance photonic integrated circuits. He is presently leading the Photonic Integration group at the COBRA research institute
5 Key publications
- R. Stabile, A. Albores-Mejia, and K.A. Williams, "Monolithic active-passive 16×16 optoelectronic switch", Optics Letters, 37(22), 4666-4668 (2012).
- R. Stabile, A. Rohit and K. A. Williams, "Monolithically integrated 8×8 space and wavelength selective cross-connect", IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, 32 (2), 201-207 (2014).
- P. DasMahapatra, R. Stabile, A. Rohit and K.A. Williams, " Optical crosspoint matrix using broadband resonant switches", IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electroncis, 20, 4, 5900410, (2014).
- K.A. Williams, A. Rohit and M. Glick, "Resilience in optical ring-resonant switches", OSA Optics Express, 19, 18, 17232-17243 (2011)
- R. Stabile and K.A. Williams, "Relaxed dimensional tolerance whispering gallery microbends", IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, 29, 12, 1892-1998 (2011)