Prof. Dr. A. (Andrea) Fiore
Dr. Andrea Fiore is Full Professor at the Physics Department of TU/e since October 2007. He holds a PhD degree in Optics from the University of Orsay, and has previously worked in Thales Research and Technology (Orsay, France), at the University of California in Santa Barbara, at the Italian National Research Council (Rome, Italy), and at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland).
His research interests are in the field of nanophotonic devices, particularly guided-wave nonlinear optics, vertical-cavity lasers, quantum dot lasers, single-photon sources and superconducting single-photon detectors. He has co-authored over 130 journal publications, three book chapters, and two patent applications, and has given over 30 invited talks in international conferences.
- Bitauld, D., F. Marsili, A. Gaggero, F. Mattioli, R. Leoni, S. Jahanmiri Nejad, F. Lévy and A. Fiore. Nanoscale optical detector with single-photon and multiphoton sensitivity. Nano Lett. 10, 2977, 2010.
- Divochiy, F. Marsili, D. Bitauld, A. Gaggero, R. Leoni, F. Mattioli, A. Korneev, V. Seleznev, N. Kaurova, O. Minaeva, G. Gol’tsman, K.G. Lagoudakis, M. Benkhaoul, F. Lévy and A. Fiore. Superconducting nanowire photon number resolving detector at telecom wavelength. Nature Photonics, 2, 302, 2008.
- Moreno, P., M. Richard, M. Rossetti, M. Portella-Oberli, L.H. Li, B. Deveaud-Plédran and A. Fiore. Intraband carrier photoexcitation in quantum dot lasers. Nano Lett. 8, 881, 2008.
- Monat, C., B. Alloing, C. Zinoni, L.H. Li and A. Fiore. Nanostructured current-confined single quantum dot light-emitting diode at 1300 nm. Nano Lett. 6, 1464, 2006.
- Fiore, A., V. Berger, E. Rosencher, P. Bravetti and J. Nagle. Phase matching using an isotropic nonlinear material. Nature, 391, 463, 1998.