Healthcare Informatics for Senior Healthcare Managers and Professionals
May 29-31, 2017, Valencia, Spain
Through the use of Electronic Patient Records, eHealth and information exchange informatics plays an ever increasing and innovating role in the daily practice of Healthcare. The exponential growth of (bio)medical data creates new opportunities, but also poses challenges to healthcare managers and professionals.
This masterclass will enable you to identify the opportunities and the challenges. It will provide you with a lot of insights to evaluate these from different perspectives. It will help you in asking the right questions to come to well-founded decisions to maximize the value of information systems in your organisation. In addition we will offer you insights in the key steps for implementing new information systems.
In a number of modules frameworks will be introduced to handle different aspects of healthcare informatics projects. The main areas are:
· Digital technologies in healthcare organizations. Both state of the art and future technologies will be addressed. A sound reality check on present day and near future systems will be presented. Also what will be available in the long run, and how your organization might benefit from it will be discussed. Having insights on this will enable you to make the right choices for your organisation.
· Data governance in healthcare: managers’ responsibilities. With more partners involved and data distributed over these partners a good governance structure is very relevant. Also (European) legislation requires a clear governance. Understanding these requirements enables you to set up secure systems.
· Implementation. Implementing information systems requires a proper strategy with many different aspects ranging from hard core technology requirements, to change management, as well as a good fit in long term strategies. We will provide you with an implementation framework that is useful in your own organization for the implementation of different information systems.
· Data re-use and data quality. Re-using data to learn is only possible with good quality data. Requirements for good quality data and tools for evaluating data quality will be presented. Data quality is especially relevant for the development of dashboards and the use of big data for predictive medicine.
The class will be interactive. There will be the possibility to bring your own cases and work on them with instructors and peers. This will happen in an international setting.
The class is designed for healthcare managers and decision makers in cure and care institutions. Others for whom the course is interesting are Chief Medical Information Officers, Chief Nursing Information Officers, members of steering groups of major IT projects (e.g. electronic patient records, medication systems) and senior quality advisors.
The class is taught in English.
Contributors are coming from universities and health care institues. All are experts within their field. Among the faculty are:
- Dr. Jan Jaap Baalbergen, Leiden University Medical Center, the Netherlands
- Dr. Juan Miguel García-Gómez, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Gerard Hensels MCM, M&I/Partners, the Netherlands
- Prof.dr.ir. Uzay Kaymak, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Carlos Saez, PhD, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Prof.mr.dr. Jan Smits, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Dr. Anne Marie Weggelaar MCM, Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Vivian Vimarlund, PhD, Linköping University, Sweden
Dates and location
May 29-31, 2017, Valencia, Spain
Registration costs are 2100 €, which includes tuition fee, catering and materials. Accommodation and travel expenses are not included.
The Masterclass is limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
You can register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include, your name, a resume of one page, a description of your present job of about 150 words, and the billing address.
Upon cancellation costs will be reimbursed for 100% up to 4 weeks before the class, and 50% up to 2 weeks before the class (a replacement fitting in the target group is allowed).
The Masterclass is organised as part of EIT Health.
EIT Health is one of the largest healthcare initiatives worldwide. Its goal is to sustainably advance the fundamentals of healthcare and thus promote suitable future conditions for healthy living, active ageing and improved wellbeing of people across Europe. EIT Health leverages the expertise of more than 135 member organisations from the pharma, diagnostics and med tech fields, payers, insurances, research institutions and universities. As one of the EIT’s Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs), the initiative benefits from some of the world’s best-in-class academic and research organisations and offers both higher education and business expertise. By investing in Europe’s best entrepreneurial talents and ideas, EIT Health fosters the development and commercialization of smart product and service solutions in the health sector, addressing the challenges posed by demographic change and ageing societies.
Headquartered in Munich (Germany), EIT Health has six co-location centres in London (UK/Ireland), Stockholm (Scandinavia), Barcelona (Spain), Paris (France), Mannheim and Heidelberg (Germany/Switzerland) and Rotterdam (Belgium/Netherlands), as well as regional “EIT Health InnoStars” clusters consisting of industry partners, academia, and health providers from Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Italy and Wales.
For more information visit: www.eithealth.eu