Support for internationals

Eindhoven University of Technology is an international university, where one third of the academic staff consists of foreign staff. Moving to another country, with its different habits, rules and procedures, is a big step. To ensure you feel at home as quickly as possible, we will do everything in our power to smoothly guide you in your move to Eindhoven.

HR Back office International

TU/e has a special support team to help you with your transfer to Eindhoven. They can assist you with the inevitable paperwork, housing, residence and labor permits and other practical matters.


Eindhoven is a dynamic, young city with a large and growing population of students and internationals. Housing in Eindhoven for expats is mainly offered by commercial housing agencies. These agencies offer housing via their websites. No waiting lists apply. If you see accommodation you are interested in on the website of the housing provider, you can contact the agency. Commercial housing agencies offer housing that varies from a student room to luxury homes. Housing can be fully furnished, semi-furnished or unfurnished.

Introduction day

To help you feel welcome and at home on our TU/e campus, we warmly invite you and your partner to participate in one of our introduction days. You will get useful information about TU/e, Eindhoven and The Netherlands. Get to know other new colleagues at TU/e and expand your network! You will go on a campus tour and visit the Hub in the city center, where you can meet other internationals.

Family friendly

TU/e promotes and supports a healthy work-life balance and has many facilities to help you and your family feel right at home.

Dual Career Program

TU/e is setting up a program in collaboration with Expat Spouses Initiative to support accompanying partners with their career move. Within the scope of this program, your partner will be assisted in  job search needs and the customization of resume and professional profile. Your partner will get useful information on the local Dutch labor market and job search techniques. Please stay tuned for more information.

Family reunion

TU/e can apply for “direct family reunion’ for you and your family, in order to enable your family to travel to the Netherlands with you. For any stay of over 90 days, family-members and relatives require a residence permit, unless they come from a country that belongs to the European Union or the European Economic Area or Switzerland. Please find more information in this brochure Enabling a family member to come to the Netherlands (2019). 

For your kids

Expat guides to the Netherlands

IamExpat is an English-language online media platform providing up-to-date information, news, job listings, housing services and lifestyle tips for internationals in the Netherlands.

Holland Expat Center
Holland Expat center South is ready to assist you with any questions you may have about settling into the south of the Netherlands. 

EURAXESS The Netherlands
Information for researchers coming to the Netherlands. 

Expat guide to the Netherlands.

Questions for our HR Back Office International