Compass is a fully inclusive community for LGBTQ+ members as well as straight (cis) friends! We celebrate diversity by actively expanding our circle of like-minded people. Our events are open to all but centred around LGBTQ+ themes.
Because we are a new community, we have the following aims:
- We want to bring people together
- We want to improve the value of diversity for the TU/e
What kind of people go to Compass events?
- Students (mainly TU/e)
- Staff Members
- And our friends!
Why did we start Compass?
- We want to show our visibility as an LGBTQ+ community at the TU/e
- We want to get to know more LGBTQ+ people here
- We think it’s good to unite staff and student resources
- We want to be a positive influence for change at the TU/e
Here are some of the positive changes we have already achieved (excluding events):
- We have introduced gender neutral language in TU/e regulations
- We changed TU/e job application forms to include Female/Male/X(other)
- We have been involved with national LGBTQ+ networks
- We have established formal contact with the TU/e Executive Board and have the mandate to be ambassadors for positive diversity actions
- We organise yearly meetings with the political parties of the TU/e to discuss their agendas for diversity and LGBTQ+ issues
But above all, we have created a community for people to meet and make friends and bond over different aspects of our lives!