The Data Science bachelor's degree consists of:
- Core courses, spread over 6 learning lines in which both partner universities work closely together
- Law & Ethics
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Challenges
- Cognitive Science
- Free electives
- Bachelor End Project
You can shape part of your study program yourself by making choices in the elective space. Typically you either opt for deepening or orienting yourself towards a master program. More information can be found in the education guide.
For Data Science, we recommend coherent packages such as:
- Advanced Data Science (15 ects)
- Statistics for Data Science (15 ects)
- Technology Entrepreneurship (15 ects)
- Finance and Risk (15 ects)
- Minor Business and Entrepreneurship (30 ects)
- Minor Cognitive science and AI
- Minor Business Analytics and Operational Research (30 ects)
- Minor Marketing Analytics
Challenge Based Learning
For the Data Science bachelor's degree program, as for all our bachelor's degree programs, TU/e has chosen an educational approach that combines learning subject matter knowledge with opportunities to apply that knowledge and to develop professional skills. The prime example of Challenge Based Learning in the Bachelor Data Science is the Data Challenges learning line. This line requires the students to solve real world problems in teams, using large data sets from different domains. More information about CBL.
More information about the curriculum can be found in the education guide.
The education guide is a document that is used as a source of information by current TU/e students. It contains detailed, practical information that is important during the course.