How to apply

Students who want to apply for an exchange program at TU/e need to apply directly to the Erasmus and ECTS coordinator of the department where they want to study. This also applies to free movers. 

What is needed for your application:

  • The TU/e application form  including Annex I to apply for housing, and Annex II for EER students 
  • Non EER students have to submit an original IELTS test (minimum score of 6.5 on average and at least a 6.0 per section) or TOEFL test (minimum score 90 internet based with at least 21 per section) with the application documents 
  • Transcript of records from their home university detailing all the study components undertaken to date at the home university 
  • A copy of your passport 
  • A completed Erasmus+ learning agreement (only for Erasmus+ exchange students) or a completed TU/e learning agreement.

The application form needs to be signed by you and the ECTS coordinator of your home institution. Exchange programs normally take place within the framework of a bilateral agreement. Students, who apply as free movers and are accepted by the department, need to pay tuition fee to TU/e for the period they are studying at TU/e. 

Deadline application

Unless specified otherwise by the department, the application deadline for applications for the first semester (starting September) is 1 May, the application deadline for applications for the second semester (starting January/February) is 1 October. The department concerned will inform you of their admission decision.  

After completion of your period of study abroad at TU/e, your TU/e department will provide you with a transcript of records containing the study program components you followed at  TU/e, the number of credits and the grades.