for internationals


Arranging housing is your own responsibility. Every year thousands of students start their search for a room at the same time. Just like in most other cities in the Netherlands, there is a shortage of affordable (student) housing in Eindhoven. We therefore advise you to start your search in time. Start your search in April if you will be starting your studies in September.


International bachelor's and master's students are also responsible for arranging their own housing. Do not underestimate how difficult it is to find suitable housing in Eindhoven. Start your search in April if you will be starting your studies in September. To help you get started, you will find a number of tips on this page.

Through our housing service we work together with several housing partners and we offer a very limited number of rooms for international students via lottery. After the deadline of the confirmation statement that you will receive from us in May, you will automatically receive an e-mail from our International Office in June where you can indicate whether you would like to participate in the lottery. After that, you will be informed about the further procedure and progress  of the lottery. You can only participate if you have returned the confirmation statement and paid the guarantee fee (for non-EEA students only) on time.

Because the number of rooms we offer is very limited, be sure to look for housing yourself. We advise you not to come to Eindhoven if you have not found a room before the start of the academic year.


Are you coming to Eindhoven for a short time as an exchange student? Then you can apply for housing via Mobility Online. Please note that there is only a very limited number of housing places available. If we are unable to arrange housing, you will receive a message from the department that will process your request. 

We advise you to look for temporary housing yourself. To help you get started, you will find a number of tips on this page. 


Vestide and Plaza Resident Services have a very limited number of housing units available for PhD and EngD students. We therefore advise you to look for housing yourself.


Housing in Eindhoven for expats is mainly offered by commercial housing agencies. These agencies offer housing via their websites. Commercial housing agencies offer housing that varies from a student room to luxury homes. Housing can be fully furnished, semi-furnished or unfurnished. If you are interested, you can contact the agency for more information.   


If you're looking for housing yourself, beware of scammers. If an offer seems too good to be true, it usually is. Do not transfer money to non-Dutch bank accounts, as this is often a sign that something is not right. Check out our rental checklist for even more tips.  

Rent benefit

Rent benefit is a subsidy provided by the Dutch government to residents on a low income with high rental costs. If you qualify for this benefit you should contact the Belastingdienst, the Dutch tax administration. Only residents on low income and living in independent residences, with their own front door and private (unshared) facilities such as kitchen, shower and toilet, are qualified for rent benefit.


Are you renting an accommodation in Eindhoven and are you experiencing problems with your home, landlord or rental price, you can contact the Huurteam for an appropriate advice to your question.

Tips and tricks


If you have any questions regarding housing, please contact us via the contactform below.