Eindhoven University of Technology offers students from selected institutions the opportunity to study at one of the TU/e departments as an exchange student. The status of exchange student is a special category granted to students who participate in:
- European Educational programs such as Erasmus and Science without Borders
- Exchange programs agreed by a TU/e Department with selected institution
- Specific exchange programs agreed between the student's home country and the Netherlands.
An exchange student remains enrolled at their home institution and spends between one semester and one academic year pursuing their studies at TU/e. The exchange period at TU/e may be free of charge, depending on agreements made in the specific exchange program. Students may choose to follow courses, write their thesis or conduct a research project or internship. This depends on agreements made with the TU/e department.
Exchange students can transfer the credits they obtain at TU/e to their own degree through the European Credit Transfer System on the basis of a prior agreement (to be signed by the student, TU/e and the home institution) on the content of the TU/e study program.
The Erasmus+ Program is designed to support Program Countries’ efforts to efficiently use the potential of Europe’s human and social capital. While confirming the principle of lifelong learning by linking support to formal, non-formal and informal learning throughout the education, training, youth and sport fields.
It gives students, trainees, staff and volunteers the opportunity to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organizations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices.
For an overview of all Erasmus+ actions, visit the website of the EACEA.
Erasmus+ Charter, Policy Statement and ID Code TU/e
- The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education, ECHE, provides the general framework for the European cooperation activities a higher education institution may carry out within the Erasmus+program 2014-2020.
- The Charter number is 28921-LA-1-2014-1-NL-E4AKA1-ECHE.
- The TU/e Erasmus ID code is NL EINDHOV 17
TU/e Reconfirm (Regional Consortium for Internship Mobility) is responsible for the policy and management of the part of the Erasmus+ program that deals with Student and Graduate placements in companies, with Staff mobility for training and with Erasmus for young entrepreneurs. For more information, check the website.