Students who have applied to a TU/e Bachelor's or Master's program from outside the Netherlands pay a guarantee fee in advance to confirm that they will enroll at the TU/e.
Students from EEA countries who will start a TU/e Bachelor's, Pre-Master's or Master's program should transfer the sum of €250 for the academic year 2018-2019 to the TU/e bank account according these instructions for payment. The guarantee fee is the same for all EEA students, regardless of whether they will receive a scholarship to fund their studies or whether they are totally self-financing.
If you are starting your studies at the beginning of the academic year you will take part in the Bachelor Intro 2018 or the TU/e Master Kick-off 2018.
Part of the guarantee fee (€105 for the Intro 2018 and € 65 for the TU/e Master Kick-off 2018) will be used as fee payment. The remainder will be returned to your Dutch bank account after you have enrolled at TU/e. You should pay your tuition fee by following the paymentinstructions under Tuition Fees.
Students who are financing their own study costs and who have the nationality of a non-EEA country are required to transfer the following amounts for the academic year 2019-2020 :
Bachelor's students: € 12,000
Master's students: € 17,000
This guarantee fee will be used to pay for the visa and/or residence permit application (€192), the first year tuition fees and €105 for participation in the Bachelor Intro 2018 or €65 for participation in the TU/e Master Kick-off 2018.
Any remaining money will be transferred to your Dutch bank account on your arrival in Eindhoven.
We will start arranging your visa/residence permit and/or housing once we have received the confirmation statement, the guarantee fee and any documents required for a visa application.
Please note that International students with the nationality of a non-EEA do not need to follow the payment instruction of the tuition fee stated elsewhere on this website. Payment of the guarantee fee is automatically payment of your tuition fee.
International students who will receive a scholarship to fund their studies at TU/e or will join the TU/e through one of the following programs may transfer the reduced guarantee payment of €500 (non EEA students) and €250 (EEA students):
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in BDMA
- LPDP - Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education*
- *Students with scholarships from these organisations, please send proof of your scholarship to the International Office before June 1 so that we can allow the reduced guarantee fee. If the proof of scholarship is not available before June 1, you will be obliged to pay the full guarantee fee, but this can be repaid to you once your scholarship is confirmed and you enrol as a TU/e student.
Please also note that it is not possible for TU/e to send an invoice to the scholarship organization for the guarantee fee. Please make your own arrangements for the guarantee fee to be paid.
The guarantee fee will be used to cover:
The administrative costs of the visa application (if applicable) (€192)
Bachelor Intro 2018 (€105) or TU/e Master Kick-off 2018 (€65).
The course book for the summer course ‘Dutch for Beginners I’ (if you register)
The remainder of the fee will be transferred to your new Dutch bank account at the start of the academic year.
- TU/e will only start the visa and/or residence permit application when the full amount of the guarantee fee has been received. We will not start the procedure if you only transfer the visa and/or residence permit fee.
- If you decide not to start at TU/e after you have transferred the guarantee fee, TU/e will deduct the visa and/or residence permit fee (if the application has already been done) and the Intro fee. The remainder will be transferred back to you. The international transfer costs will also be deducted.
- If you already have a Dutch residence permit with another purpose than study or with the purpose of study, please follow the directions in the confirmation statement.
- The guarantee fee is not for payment of housing or other services:
- Guarantee fee for NON-EEA students covers 1st year tuition fee, visa and/or residence permit fee and Intro fee.
- Guarantee fee for EEA students covers the Intro fee.