Contest: TU/e Diversity Fund 2022
Win up to 5000 euros for the best idea!
In our TU/e community, we attach great importance to giving value to every human being. Therefore, we are organizing the fourth edition of the Diversity Contest! This 2022 edition runs from September 8 to October 30. Do you have a great idea for a project or activity that stimulates diversity or promotes inclusion at TU/e? In that case, apply for the Diversity Fund! The best five ideas will get grants up to 5000 euros. Please click 'read more' for information on the criteria and procedure.Read more
In 2020, Chiara Treglia submitted her Multiverse Toolkit to TU/e’s Diversity Fund as a proposal. She won a grant and used it to turn her tool into an online platform. The tool has now become accessible to a much larger group of people. Since the Diversity Contest 2022 is open, we would like to know from Treglia what happened with her idea after winning one of the prizes in 2020.
‘A contest is a nice opportunity to leverage a healthy dosage of competition and fun in order to put a serious subject even more on the spotlight.’
Chiara Treglia: ‘From piloting the Multiverse Toolkit, a lot of people from different departments started to be interested in the subject, but mainly in the approach: the Multiverse Toolkit is not your usual D&I training, it’s very interactive and lets people explore a difficult, touchy subject in a creative way.
Now the Multiverse Toolkit is an official training for teams within the TU/e and four demo sessions are planned for staff and students during the Diversity Week 2022. Chiara: ‘In the meantime, I have developed other toolkits for teams and departments within the TU/e. One of these is a psychological safety serious game, called Full Circle, which can also be found on the TU/e intranet.’
The Diversity Fund has opened a world of opportunities and the need to get everyone onboard on the theme of D&I has become very visible. Chiara: ‘I think it’s a nice idea to stimulate people to think along on the topic. In the end, we need everyone to join the conversation if we want to see lasting change in our organization and in society at large. A contest is a nice opportunity to leverage a healthy dosage of competition and fun in order to put a serious subject even more on the spotlight.’
Chiara Treglia is one of the people behind Tini Studio, which is located at Sectie-C and Strijp-S. She also works as Education Designer at innovation Space TU/e and she teaches the course Design Innovation Methods in Industrial Design.
Inclusion and diversity is more than trying to establish numbers and increase the diversity of our TU/e community. It has to be in our behavior! How we can improve teaching, research or other organizational processes in a way that increases the sense of belonging.
Prof.dr. Evangelia Demerouti, fulltime professor (IE&IS) and Chief Diversity Officer (chair)
There is overwhelming evidence that diverse teams are more creative and productive.
Read the opinion article "Female academics are too scarce. So their applications are going to the top of the pile" by Frank Baaijens in The Guardian.
Prof.dr.ir. Frank Baaijens, rector magnificus at TU/e
Women in Science - Eindhoven (WISE) Network
WISE network is a network for female scientific staff at TU/e. Supported by the University Board, the network was founded in March 2007.
As Cosmos we aim to provide a safe and friendly environment for the international students at the TU/e. We strongly promote mutual...
Tint hosts events with the focus on meeting new people, learning from others and gaining new insights and life skills. In both English and...
EuroTech Working Group
The EuroTech Working Group on Gender Equality & Diversity gathers professionals from the six EuroTech Universities working on respective topics within their institutions.
LGBTQ+ community for students and staff at Eindhoven University of Technology
Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee submits proposals to the Executive Board concerning (policy) measures in order to stimulate diversity, inclusion and gender equality at the university.
Moreover the committee has the following tasks:
- To review the university’s performance and progress in promoting diversity, inclusion and equality.
- To support the university in meeting the diversity and gender-related targets in its strategic plan.
- To evaluate the impact and promote the sharing of university-wide good practice initiatives in diversity, inclusion and equality.
- To (further) develop a vision on diversity, inclusion and equality and a yearly action plan.
The scientific members are appointed by the Executive Board for a period of 3 years as of January 1, 2022.
- C.M. (Corlien) van Dam MA MHR, HR policy advisor (HRM)
- Prof.dr. E. (Evangelia) Demerouti, full professor (IE&IS) and chief diversity officer (chair)
- L. (Lara) Hofstra, Student Wellbeing/Diversity Officer
- Ir. E. (Erik) de Jong, community manager (ESA)
- Dr. M. (Minha) Lee, assistant professor (ID) and representative of Plural
- Prof.dr.ir. I. (Ines) Lopez Arteaga, full professor (ME) and dean bachelor college
- Dr. R. (Renata) Medeiros de Carvalho, assistant professor (M&CS)
- Prof.dr. G. (George) Papafotiou, full professor (EE)
- Prof.dr.ir. T. (Theo) A.M. Salet, full professor and dean (BE)
- Prof.dr. A. (Alexander) Serebrenik, full professor (M&CS) and representative of Compass
- Dr. S. (Sandra) Simaria de Oliveira Lucas, assistant professor (BE) and representative of WISE Network
- Prof.dr. C. (Kees) Storm, full professor and dean (AP)
The student members are appointed by the Executive Board for a period of 1 year as of January 1, 2022.
- A. (Atakan) Tutulmazay (student ID)
- F. (Florine) J. Westen (student ID)