Research project / Internship

Research experience @TU/e

If you want to do a research project for 3 months or more, first read the remarks concerning internships underneath:

  • An internship/project within one of the research groups of the Chemical Engineering and Chemistry department is possible in case the academic contact person of the involved research group has given their approval.
  • Note that in the unfortunate case that no research group can offer you a suitable project, nothing can be done at the department level; the department cannot force a research group to accept a particular student.
  • In all cases, neither the receiving research group, nor our university, nor any other Dutch organization will pay expenses of the visiting student. A visiting student, who wishes to work at the TU/e, thus has to find all the funds that they need for travelling to/from Eindhoven and for living there in his/her own country.
    Only in case a visiting student will stay at the TU/e for a complete semester (according to the academic agenda) accommodation could be applied for. For other periods students need to look for accommodation themselves: other ways to find accommodation in Eindhoven.
  • Regardless of the status of an internship at your university and the fact that you will probably not attend theoretical courses during your stay at TU/e, you will be registered as an exchange student for the period of stay. Therefore you need to follow the same procedure of application as all other exchange students.

If an internship in our department is indeed what you are looking for, identify the research group that is the most attractive to you. Once you have identified this group, try to get into contact with the group directly, and see if you can agree on a suitable project. Please, send a request to one of the research groups of your interest, asking if they could accept you to work on a project. We ask you to send a letter of motivation together with your CV and a transcript of all courses you have taken at your home university. We would like to receive a copy of your request to the professor ( If you are accepted by one of our professors, you can apply for an exchange-program with our university.