A university is expected to be innovative - innovative in the area of research as well as in the area of education.
The TU/e has ensured this by giving students access to proper IT facilities. In order to support this, the notebook regulation was created. The aim of the notebook regulation is to optimize the use of IT in education.
The education setup is now totally adjusted to the use of notebooks. The notebook is used for communicating with others, gathering information, making calculations and drawings, executing simulations and taking examinations. In other words, it is an indispensable instrument at the TU/e.
The information below is specific for Bachelorstudents. Pre-master & Master students can apply for the notebook reduction program. More information about this program can be found here.
- First-year Bachelorstudents with a main enrolment at the TU/e can buy a notebook from the TU/e, at a heavily subsidized price.
- Approximately 90% of our students participate in the TU/e notebook regulation
- All notebooks ordered by students are distributed at the start of the academic year.
- In the case of a course termination notebooks can be sold back to the TU/e. A very favorable sales regulation will apply.
- The notebook regulation is a one-time offer for Bachelorstudents with a first-time main enrollment at the TU/e.
The abovementioned points only apply when you participate in the notebook regulation. If you decide not to buy a notebook through this regulation, you cannot use the aforementioned facilities.
As not every student can afford a notebook, the TU/e will pay part of the purchase and maintenance costs of the notebook. The part that the TU/e pays for you, will become a gift if you study at the TU/e for over three years or graduate earlier. The part you pay yourself can be paid through a bank transfer.
In the 2017-2018 academic year, the purchase price of a notebook (including accessories, warranty, service and insurance) will be € 1.600,-. Every student will pay € 850,- and will sign an obligation document for the remaining amount.